Subject: [Leica] Custom white ballance <WAS>: I Tried an M8; Color Question
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Feb 19 18:50:08 2007

If you are going to do this crutch why even try to do anything right
when you make the photo?

It is far easier and quicker for me to shoot it right than to dick
around with it in post.  I guess I am old fashioned but I think being
sloppy in any aspect of photography is not the best way to work.  Shoot
it right and it leads to a better file when you do convert and also
makes your time a lot quicker.  I feel the same way about exposure,
where even in RAW you can be pretty far off and still recover.  Never
had that luxury in film with chrome and hate to get sloppy now in my old
age. LOL

How much time to do a custom WB?  About 15 seconds.  When I shoot events
where I create thousands of images I can edit very quickly, convert
those RAWS to whatever I need for delivery and upload to my clients and
call it a day.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography