Subject: [Leica] Working with the M8--- Not Given the Chance
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Feb 17 23:05:23 2007

On 2/17/07 10:23 PM, "Jerry Lehrer" <glehrer@san.rr.com> typed:

> Don,
>
> Why should I spend good money to buy a camera with such an imperfection?
>
> If I wanted one, I would not have to "break open the piggy bank". I
> would just buy it.
>
> Anyway, they soon will be available on the used market for about $3K
> Right?
>
> Besides that, I am a wide angle user and prefer a 21mm, and 35mm basic
> setup.  I
> would prefer not to buy 16 and 28 mm lenses to equal my preferred fields
> of view.
> The next Digital M will, most likely, have full 24x36mm coverage and
> will have the
> IR problem solved without filters.

When I got into digital I got the 14 Nikkor first week so I'd be able to
shoot 21 which had become because of Leica a very happy focal length for me.
When I use the 14 with film I get to do a new thing which is shoot with a
14mm focal length. So it was like getting two lenses at once.

Its not at all a sure deal that the m8.2 will be full frame.
I'm betting its NOT going to be full frame. There's no reason why it should
be or needs to be.
99.99 percent of all professional photography being done now is being done
digitally with the APS-2 format.
You want selective focus take off your zoom and shoot with a 1.4.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY

markrabiner.com