Subject: [Leica] Working with the M8--- Not Given the Chance
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sat Feb 17 20:15:07 2007

Don,

Why should I spend good money to buy a camera with such an imperfection?

If I wanted one, I would not have to "break open the piggy bank". I
would just buy it.

Anyway, they soon will be available on the used market for about $3K  Right?

Besides that, I am a wide angle user and prefer a 21mm, and 35mm basic
setup.  I
would prefer not to buy 16 and 28 mm lenses to equal my preferred fields
of view.
The next Digital M will, most likely, have full 24x36mm coverage and
will have the
IR problem solved without filters.

I did bring all my M lenses  to my local Leica dealer,  and was willing
to  buy a
memory card for the M8, so I could try the lenses on their demo M8. Most
of my
lenses were purchased originally at that location.  I made my request.
They are still
laughing!

Jerry

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Working with the M8--- Not Given the Chance)