Subject: [Leica] My M8 has Arrived!
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 14:40:30 2007

Well, after waiting for the entire morning, my M8 has arrived.  The battery
has been charged and the second battery is charging.  I have made some test
shots and everything seems to be working.  Yeah!  No battery or charger
problems as experienced by a couple of others here.  I am just doing JPGs
for now untill I figure it all out.  I will shift over to DNG later.  I used
Auto WB and so far the WB is working correctly, but this will need some more
testing.  The firmware is 1.09, I had thought it would be 1.10 as some of
the paperwork mentions the 1.10 edition.  I guess I will have to download
the newer firmware later, if it is available yet.  Will be test shooting
this weekend and will post some pics as I get them loaded into the computer.
 It is snowing right now, so no outdoor shooting until tomorrow.  More
later...

Gene

-------------- Original message from Philippe Orlent
<philippe.orlent@pandora.be>: --------------