Subject: [Leica] Re: Epson 3800 whose GOT THEM now printing Silver Rag
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri Feb 16 11:14:57 2007

On 17/02/2007, at 2:24, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> On 2/16/07 9:56 AM, "leo wesson" <lwwesson@gmail.com> typed:
>
>> Not to be the naysayer, and I have only seen a few prints made on
>> silver
>> rag, but my first impression is rc not fb.  I have not printed
>> with it yet
>> as i understand that it likes photo black as opposed to mat black
>> and my
>> printer isn't set up with that inkset.
>>
>> Leo
>>
> Ilford ironically emulates its RC papers not its rag papers in an
> entire
> inkjet like of plastic looking inkjet papers. RC looking.
> Reminds me of the Alan Sherman line:
>
> Here's what I've been waiting for
> A genuine copy of a FAKE D'Or.

I'll have to search out that Sherman song: agree with the sentiments.
Some of the ink jet stuff I have seen is rather special and now
differnent and unique: digital in general should look for its own
strenghts and let go the apron strings of the darkroom, and the
darkroom will have its own battles to face ;-)

Cheers

Alastair