Subject: [Leica] OFF LIST Take extra care my sweet
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Feb 15 23:07:42 2007

Today's LUG postings have been among the funniest in a long time, and my
tummy aches from laughing so hard.  Thanks, everyone!

Graham, I believe I have a passing acquaintance with Ethel's
great-great-great-grandmother.  It happened back in the 80s, in the
orchestra pit of the Seattle Gilbert and Sullivan Society.  It was the last
night of a run of "Cox and Box," double-billed with "HMS
Pinafore."  Somehow, during the intermission between "Cox" and "Pinafore,"
a steamy love letter appeared on the conductor's music stand, from someone
named Penelope Ann.

There was a brief pause while we and the conductor composed ourselves,
before we could sail the ocean blue. . .

--Peter

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Ethelred: challenge to GB ;-))