Subject: [Leica] Brian, please end this horrible experiment!
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Thu Feb 15 15:12:29 2007

Tina:

>I don't!  You can always delete messages if there are too many to
>read, but you can't read messages that have never been sent.  You
>could always set up a filter for certain people, like BD does ;-)  I
>like the LUG like it was.  The LUG is a unique community and
>restricting the traffic will make it like every other list out there.

I agree with Tina.

I'd suggest whacking people on the knuckles who send private email to the
list, and not penalize the people who are trying to reply to list.

Sometimes, there are threads in which I'm must not interested.  So I mark
those threads as read and go on.  I can skip to the next thread with unread
messages fairly easily.  It's a lot more difficult for me to read emails
sent to other individuals that were actually destined to the list.

This is your place, Brian, and I'll respect however you wish to run it.
Just seems like the cure is worse than the disease in this instance.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Message from heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger) ([Leica] Brian, please end this horrible experiment!)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Brian, please end this horrible experiment!)