Subject: [Leica] IMG: Alternate Woodpecker
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Feb 14 08:02:15 2007

Luis,

Thank you for the comment on the turkey and this little woodpecker. I
took about 40 photos of the little bird as he worked his way around
the tree. It's so easy to do with a digital camera. The first photo I
posted, the bird was fully back lit and I had to bring him out of the
shadows. While I liked that view the best the image manipulation took
away the sharpness of the photo. The alternate photo has no
manipulation and is a much cleaner photo.

This exercise makes me appreciate the photos of our nature
photographers, Doug and David and others that much more. Branches get
in the way, the light direction is wrong, you're in the wrong
position, etc. Not easy to get a good photo.

Thanks for looking,
Len