Subject: [Leica] M8 Noctilux pictures
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Feb 13 23:45:26 2007

Ken:  Sorry I'm late to comment on your Berg birthday party. I can't cope
with the LUG volume lately.  Really enjoyed these shots.

Once again, the M8 proves itself to be a really an incredible B&W
camera!  I can see the magenta cast in the color pics, but in candlelight
it doesn't matter. This same IR probably blurs the B&W images slightly,
because the IR is slightly out of focus when the visible light is in focus.

I was experimenting with a friend's M8 and an IR filter yesterday.  We
found that the B&W images were sharper with the filter than without.  But
without the filter, we got a bit more detail in the dark tones, which get
boosted if they reflect IR.  And the slightly defocused IR provides a
(pardon the expression) glow which can be pleasant in the right
circumstances.  Just another tool.

And wow on celebrating Berg's birthday.  Outside of a conservatory
community or certain rarefied circles, it's not something you see often.

As for Lulu, she couldn't attend.

                                  -KA!
                                .
She went to  Af-     .