Subject: [Leica] Re: Aperture and Lightroom on a Mac
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue Feb 13 07:44:23 2007

On Feb 12, 2007, at 11:07 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> "Richard S. Taylor" <r.s.taylor@comcast.net> writes:
>
>> I just gave Aperture a try on my iMac G5 (1.8 GHz - 1.5 GB RAM)) and
>> discovered two things:  Aperture doesn't do DNG and at least one
>> function - straightening - is so slow as to be unusable.  I didn't
>> explore beyond that. *Two* strikes and they're out, in this case.  I
>> won't be buying Aperture.
>>
>> The final beta version of Lightroom was also sluggish on this iMac,
>> but faster than Aperture.  I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone
>> whose has the released version of Lightroom and can compare it's
>> speed
>> with that of the last beta version.
>

> The final release has not actually been released. It is only available
> as a pre-order. The last beta is the last release as of now.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Dave

If you have a Mac, a lot of preliminary work, straightening,
rotation, etc. can be done using the amazing shareware program
GraphicConverter (www.lemkesoft.com). It is the Swiss Army knife of
image processing programs and is updated regularly. A copy probably
came free with your Mac.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: Aperture and Lightroom on a Mac)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Re: Aperture and Lightroom on a Mac)