Subject: [Leica] IMG: Encarnacion
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sat Feb 10 18:37:04 2007

Quoth the Tina Manley :

> but the fabric in the upper right corner which is used to hang over
> the bed at night might be distracting without explanation?
>
> This is the crop:
>
> Or is it a mute point because the light from the doorway is too
> bright and distracting?  I have several more of her braiding her hair,
> but the light doesn't change.

I think it almost has to be the first shot.

First and most obvious is that when it's cropped it starts to fall
apart, but aside from that it seems to me that without the cloth the
shot becomes much less contextual; the close crop looks for all the
world like it could be some sort of institution.  The room becomes a
cell, almost.

To me the cloth isn't so much distracting as providing a touch of
humanity in the environment.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com