Subject: [Leica] CALL FOR PHOTOS
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat Feb 10 13:54:20 2007

Hank and Arche,

Both projects sound really interesting.  I recently ran across something
from the art world that worked with the same theme.  Artist/photographer
Allan Sekula made a piece called
"Meditations on a Triptych," in which he displayed three photos of a
familiar domestic scene and wrote three essays in a kind of stream of
consciousness style to express what he imagined he could deduce from the
pictures.  These meditations included his interpretation of specific details
(clothing, body language, colors, facial expressions, etc.).  Each runs
several pages in length.  I found it extremely interesting and wanted to
share it, but have not been able to locate an online link to the piece.  I
originally saw it in a book by David Campany called "Art and Photography"
(Phaidon, 2004, ISBN 0 7148 4286 9).  My daughter used the book as a text in
a contemporary photography course for her BFA.  Maybe you can track it down.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE