Subject: [Leica] not entirely OT: the recurrent dilemma
From: meino at innerside.demon.nl (Meino de Graaf)
Date: Sat Feb 10 11:29:13 2007

Philippe,

I have also been thinking of this route. But I always wondered about the
Canon EF 24-85 lens. It is not a very expensive lens, but it had
relatively good reviews when film was still king.

The obvious choise is a 35mm summicron. Michiel mentioned the 4th
version. I own it. it is a very good lens, but I have never discovered
what "Bokeh king" ment. The necessity of getting the latest version,
depends on the use. The differences are imho only visible when using low
speed film. I doubt if any difference is visible when tmax-400 or tri-x
is used.
However after I bought a 24mm elmarit, I discovered that I started using
the 24mm almost exclusive, and now the 35mm has become one of the least
used lenses that I own.

regards
Meino