Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: To Crop Or Not
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 9 17:24:39 2007

I don't get the idea that you are frozen in time at the moment of exposure
with whatever camera or lens is mounted there.  It is clear that people who
have an aversion to cropping never had a photo editor attack their  pictures.

When we take a picture we are engaging in an advanced form of  pointing.

If what you see is distant, and you have only a 35 mm lens on your leica;
then if you fail to crop, you fail to show what you have seen.  Simple as
that.
 If you consider that your photography is communication, and you  don't let
someone see what you want them to see, then you might as well not have  made
the picture.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com