Subject: [Leica] WTB: 35mm f2 super bokeh lens
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Feb 8 16:16:39 2007

I defer to John's lens analysis.....  V3 and V4 have different optical
designs.....

I have version 3, and I would find it really hard to believe that any other
version is as smooth and 3 dimensional as the example I
have.....  Just lovely......

And it does not suffer from the lens hood plastic ring problem....

Story..... I bought a V4 lens from Fleabay.  It arrived with the ( plastic)
ring destroyed, which would not be too bad, but it also
acts as the aperture adjusting ring.  It went to Sherry, who forwarded it to
Leica USA that forwarded it to Germany for repair.
About 4 months or more later, it came back in great shape.....  Sherry told
me that she had seen a lot of this kind of failure....
so to me, no matter how good the optical characteristics, if it is
unreliable and has a fault, I do not want that version.... V4 is
just taboo to me... YMMV......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] WTB: 35mm f2 super bokeh lens)