Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodak woes
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu Feb 8 12:02:43 2007

>From what I've read, the theater owners are waiting for the studios to
participate in the conversion expenses.  The studios are waiting for the
theater owners to do so on their own.  And everyone is concerned about the
potential for piracy with high quality digital movie files.

If digital projection offers audiences something superior to film, the
revolution would already have taken place.  Just as sound film required
theaters to update their projection equipment, based on popular demand, so
will digital projection once it offers a really worthwhile improvement over
film projection.  To date, I've heard that the digital projection images are
not quite up to film standards.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA