Subject: [Leica] IR Filters
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Feb 6 13:11:29 2007

Willem-Jan Markerink has compiled a lot of info on IR on his website,
including some spectral response tables:

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/irfilter.htm

If you can get past the use of colours, there's a lot of info there.

Again, let me mention the Heliopan filters, which tend to be
noticeably cheaper than B+W and Hoya for the more exotic stuff. They
have filters (named according to the starting transmission point, or
RG numbers according to the Schott glass they use) of 695nm (89B),
715 (88A), 780 (87), 830 (87C), 850 and 1000nm.

Maxmax has a variety of filters as well, but I don't know what the
nature of their mounts is and they don't have most of the Leica
sizes, and they also tend to be more expensive than the Heliopan.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design