Subject: [Leica] IMG: Will's PAW for Week 5
From: wmrav at triad.rr.com (William Ravenel)
Date: Mon Feb 5 21:00:47 2007

This week I decided to work on people shots. I'm naturally shy and
find it a bit difficult to photograph strangers. I've got two
favorites taken during a shopping trip to a Charlotte, NC mall with
my brother and his family. Since I couldn't decide which I liked
better I've posted them both.

The local SPCA had set up an adoption drive in the mall center. Here
are two of the volunteers admiring one of their favorite puppies:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Will+R/2007+PAW/SPCA.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/2yp7mn>

I took the next picture as I was passing a store. The scene inside
stopped me in my tracks. My wife taught dance and we operated a dance
studio for a number of years before she died. The young girls inside
the store reminded me of young dancers preparing for their
performance; a sight I'd seen and photographed many times in the
past. I took one picture before realizing that the mother on the
right didn't seem too happy about my action. I suppose a stranger
taking pictures of a little girl's dress-up party could be considered
alarming. Anyway, I wish there had been time to try to capture a face
in a mirror, but I like the picture as is.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Will+R/2007+PAW/dress-up.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/296gtz>

Comments and criticism are welcome.

Will