Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Sun Feb 4 18:10:19 2007

On 2/4/07 9:07 AM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> wrote:

> 3. If you have some data that matters to you, and you'd like your children
> be able to have it after you are gone, store that data in a flat file. If
> you
> can't (e.g. a photograph) then store that data in something that resembles
> flat file as closely as possible, e.g. a simple file system.

Agreed.

Yes.  I'd recommend that you always import your digital files from a known
location (i.e. either save them to the drive first and then import them, or
use the import dialog to copy them there and then import them.)

Always convert to DNG so you can easily use the files in the future.  Not
only is this more archival, it negates the need for a separate "sidecar"
file that can be a problem to deal with.

That way you files are there, ready to use.  If LR goes teats up, then you
point bridge or any other Raw app and it will see them and the settings.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c