Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Sat Feb 3 11:32:05 2007

On 2/3/07 10:57 AM, "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> wrote:

>> In short, you enable TAT (Targeted Adjustment Tool) by clicking on the
>> target icon in Tone Curve & HSL/Color/Grayscale panes.  Then you click on
>> the tone you want to adjust and mouse up/down (or arrow key up down) to
>> adjust it.  LR knows which slider of the many apply and will adjust it -
>> its
>> a nice way of local control of tonality.
>>
>> TAT is covered here:
>>
>> http://www.outbackphoto.com/artofraw/raw_31/essay_develop.html
>
> That looks a lot like the way I convert to B&W now, using a couple hue/sat
> layers.  But a lot easier.  And the spot clone tool looks way cool.  I'd
> love to be able to adjust the source/target for alignment.

Yes, I was blown away with it (not my idea, sadly for me) when they showed
it to me a while back.

Also you can also directly manipulate the histogram by pushing areas -
another very cool option for overall exposure.

> Dangit.  You need to put a disclaimer in front of your posts saying that
> reading the contents may be expensive.  I think I just "lost" $200 reading
> your post and following that link.  :)

Yeah, like I said, I am normally "it if ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda guy
as well, but sometimes that round wheel just makes much better time than a
square one and its worth it.

These new Raw tools (and I include Aperture in this) are really a huge
improvement if you are a photographer and not a pixel manipulator.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Lightroom & Bridge)