Subject: [Leica] Portrait Lens
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Jan 31 16:06:03 2007

Wade,

I think you want two lenses. I would suggest
setting up a likely portrait subject and check the framing of the M8
without a lens. Just use the frame preview. Unless you want tight
head shots a 90mm might be too long. But only you know what
perspective you want. I have a friend that shoots his portraits with
a 300mm. I would think the 90 Summicron would go nicely for your
ballet shots and maybe even a little short for the soccer. You
certainly can't go wrong with a 50 for all three scenarios.

Regards,
Len