Subject: [Leica] B+W IR filters
From: jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Tue Jan 30 00:01:31 2007

If we were talking some highly profitable deep pockets company like
Canon or Sony, I'd definitely wait for the next version.  In the case
of the M8, this may be the only chance we get to have any kind of
digital M experience.  Leica is still struggling financially, the M8
development must have cost a fortune, and the latest IR debacle can
hardly have the effect of enticing more people to buy the product.
So it will likely be a long time before we see any significant design
changes to the M8.  When you take all these factors together, you
might well think that this is the last M we'll ever see.

Get 'em while you can.  At least is seems to be a formidable black
and white camera.

Cheers - Jim