Subject: [Leica] M8 gathering dust instead of images
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jan 29 19:37:02 2007

George and all,
Leica users tend to be a pretty critical bunch.  I have a bunch of camera's,
quite a few more lenses, and have used a whole bunch of different films.
None of them has been without flaw.  I also have owned maybe thirty
different hammers back when I was building houses the old fashioned way.
Again, none of them was perfect for every job or even suited for many.  But
when you needed a mason's hammer to crack a rock just where you wanted it to
crack there was just no substitute.

So, for those of us who truly appreciate(read love)the range finder imaging
work flow the M8 is tasty indeed.  Will there be something down the road
better; probably.  But it isn't available yet so you enjoy what works today.

As to price, I will relate the Clay Blackmoore(sic) story.  A few years back
he noticed that there was a lot of money being left on the table at charity
events primarily in the DC area.  He bought two Kodak dSLR's at over 20K
each and some HP printers.  He cleared a huge profit in the first year using
those early cameras.

You know the mantra; keep pushing the button, it will come loose.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com