Subject: [Leica] Re:First M8 experience
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jan 29 19:03:36 2007

Chris,
The reality of the 22mp sensor 35mm format camera are of specialty interest
to very high end photographers and those with ego's to feed.  Take your
wedding business, how many 48X64 prints do you sell that would justify going
up from your current 12mp choices.  But you would chew up memory at almost
twice the current pace.  Plus, lenses would have to get radically better to
really see the detail that the higher pixel pitch could in theory resolve.

I would much rather see higher color depth over 12bit and better exposure
range to 10-12 stops than more pixels.  If I need more for that billboard
I'll hang someplace I could rent a medium format rig for a week and save
tens of thousands.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com