Subject: [Leica] First M8 experience
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sat Jan 27 18:33:15 2007

Jim Laurel writes in part:

> Well, despite my better judgement and the sage advice of some here,
> B.D. not least, I decided to purchase an M8.
>
> My experience so far has not been encouraging.  I seem to be
> experiencing every M8 foible in the book in tests with my
> Summicron 28 ASPH mounted.

Hi Jim,

It seems that people purchasing the M8 either get a digital camera that they
really love or a camera with problems.

I looked and handled an M8 with the new 28/2.8 lens at the local camera
store and walked away. Loved the new lens, but I view the M8 as the 1st
version of a computer of sorts. I've learned never buy version 1 of anything
digital. I'll look again in 4 to 6 months and stay away from the M8 at
least, until then.

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] MY first experience with an M8)