Subject: [Leica] Sold My Two R-D1's Today
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Sat Jan 27 07:10:07 2007

>But you can not blame digital technology for losing files. I have lost film

>negative rolls in the past, too, or processed them wrongly or inadequately,

>without blaming the film technology for that. I just accepted it as a part
of the
>risk.

Didier --

You are, of course, 100% correct.

I have lost film too. Just recently, in fact, while (finally) organizing and
cataloging all of my negatives/contact sheets, I found four contact sheets
without any matching film.

And I have certainly bungled any number of times developing film.

In this case, it (the discovery of the lost RAW files) was just one more
ill-timed straw in the R-D1's back since I have been struggling with the
keep/sell decision for weeks now.

Now I come to find out that they may not be lost... I gave a set of DVDs
months ago to a student friend of mine to make some prints. I just happened
to see him yesterday. The missing RAW files are probably on those DVDs
somewhere.

This is just a stroke of luck. Tthe fact remains that I* did lose the
files*probably while moving a bunch of image folders from one PC to
another before
my backup system could cover my ass.

Dave.
--