Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tortillas by Firelight
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 07:54:52 2007

Tina,  both the color and the black-and-white  photographs are National
Geographic calibre as part of a layout on Guatemala ; I  believe the first
one in
color is more dramatic...

The hand-made tortillas in  the photograph look like they're made of corn ,
which I favor  at a tiny taco stand in Santa Fe, N.M., crisp and filled with
bits of  chicken, lettuce, raw onions and salsa picante...Years ago, in
Mexico
City, I  got them that way at similar stands downtown at two or three in the

morning...

At home in the mountains of North Carolina, where  there are thousands of
Latinos from Mexico, I prefer the store-bought tortillas  made with flour...

saludos,  bob

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Tortillas by Firelight)