Subject: [Leica] Breaking the tape for Ted, M8 battery woes...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 22 20:22:18 2007

Larry Kellogg offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Breaking the tape for Ted, M8 battery woes...

>> what else happened back at home when the camera and battery warmed up?

>  I disabled the auto-turn off feature and ran the battery to nothing. It
> took many hours before the battery was completely discharged. I took some
> test shots and reviewed them on the LCD to speed up the process.
>
>  After I charged the battery again, the camera displayed three full bars.
> Everything seems ok now. Should I be concerned with this behavior? I could
> make a note of it in the letter I send to Leica.<<<<

Larry it wouldn't do any harm telling Leica about it. If nothing else you
are in writing you had a problem with battery and camera in case it all goes
to hell later. Not likely.

But as I tell all and everyone, as long as we are using battery powered
cameras one is very foolish not to have a spare, if not two!  I also realize
this particular M8 battery is hard to come by and very expensive compared to
others. However I expect that will change due to demand and production.

But without question, if I only had one battery I'd have the puppy charged
everytime I could get it on the charger.

ted

Replies: Reply from s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Breaking the tape for Ted, M8 battery woes...New Battery Availability)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Breaking the tape for Ted, M8 battery woes...)
Message from larry.k at rcn.com (Larry Kellogg) ([Leica] Breaking the tape for Ted, M8 battery woes...)