Subject: [Leica] three days with M8
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Mon Jan 22 13:43:27 2007

>1) Shutter seems "harsh" and vibrates the body more than former M's ;~(
> Whether this vibration occurs before or after exposure - I can't tell.
Harsh is an understatement.

And the vibration is definitely there. Before, after, or during, who cares?
It simply shouldn't happen at all.

This shutter is 95% of the reason why I returned the M8 and why I will never
own one.

I cannot believe that Leica did this. Someone at Leica told me that there
was no room inside the digital version of the M for the old shutter. I don't
believe it.

Some wise guy there figured that after 50 years of loyal, dedicated M users
being completely satisfied with a top speed of 1/1000 that we needed a
change.

And with that change came the most horrible sound in the camera world.

Gawd, the hairs are standing on the back of my neck just thinking about
it...

Dave.

--
Web Site: www.david-keenan.com