Subject: [Leica] I loath homeless photos
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Mon Jan 22 00:49:43 2007

I have eight once homeless types here as hangers on, and get
transients all the time.  There's a pack order here, and the oldest
ones get cranky when newcoming transients arrive.

The do serve some practical function: (a) as a doorbell, (b) a
valuable augment to the village fire horn, and (c) an extra 3.5
degrees F of body heat when its cold.

On the other hand, they don't ask for money, drink (mo' fo' me!), and
love unquestionably.

Two years ago, I tried to get Roscoe (12) a job.  The local sheriff
was standing unopposed for reelection.  This guy was trying to kit
his rural boys like a SEAL Team or SAS squad, with a Leica Collector-
like fetish for the wares of Hechler & Koch.  Roscoe had my write-in
vote.  He also doesn't seem to know much about managing money,
doesn't share well, begs for attention,  and already has a birthday
suit in all the 'Sheriffy' colors.   In (housebreaking) training, he
peed on the want ads. :)

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/droolassicpark@verizon.net/photo/
294928804193559523/0

Charlie Meyer
West Virginia Coordinator
Basset Rescue of Old Dominion, Inc. (BROOD)
Droolassic Park
Keyser, WV
Basset Hound Rescue: Work With Women. Pick Up Dogs.

Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] I loath homeless photos)