Subject: [Leica] Re: Russian Leica
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Jan 21 14:14:16 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 1:13 AM, Nathan wrote:

> So, why would anyone in 2007 want to use a camera with a swastika
> on it?
> Maybe members of the BNP or some such outfit, but I doubt that they
> use
> Leicas...

Nathan,

No sociopolitical agenda. I just have a collection of old
photographic junk and I thought this would make a nice addition.
Besides, the camera was probably never touched by German hands, Nazi
or Wetzlerian. Some Russian car mechanic probably cobbled it up in
his garage between tune ups on Ladas. ;-)

Larry Z