Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor? (was: LUG IMG: M8 my first images)
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Fri Jan 19 15:29:47 2007

>       <82c9dd70701190920l56f2e90h9e7cd950ee029850@mail.gmail.com>
>
> What are we supposed to use to clean the M8's sensor?
> The literature only talks about compressed Nitrogen gas.
> I use a special disposable swap for my DMR (forgot the maker)
> Is there a recommended swab / fluid combo for the M8 sensor?
>
> Eric

Eric

The procedure is quite simple

1. Buy a big rubber bulb blower -children enema in pharmacies- and blow
near the sensor but never touching it.
2. If the dust is not gone use
    a. special brush like Sensor Swab from www.visibledust.com
    b. Sensor swabs impregnate with Eclipse -liquid with methanol- You
can produce your own sensor swabs with Pec-Pad
3. If some particles remain stick there are some batons with adhesive in
the peak but they are not very practical. I cannot find right now mine.

But much more interesting is to follow a good procedure avoiding dust
coming in sensor

1. Change lenses only when strictly necessary.
2. Do it quickly and in a not windy nor dusty place -if possible
inside-Never keep the M8 uncovered and without lens.
3. Have the new lens ready and change it with the camera pointing downside.

I regret my bad English but if I you need further explanations it will
be a pleasure.

Felix

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor? (was: LUG IMG: M8 my first images))
Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor?)