Subject: [Leica] 28mm Summicron vignetting
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Jan 15 18:04:49 2007

Leonard Taupier wrote:
> Luis, I did not object to the vignetting but my son did. The Summicron
> was a new lens for him and I think he expected perfection. These
> photos are the hardest test. My 24mm asph has more vignetting.

Let me guess....your son is of the "new era" of digital photographers
who have only used cropped sensors?  I have heard constant reports of
vinetting on the 5D from people who only used the 1.6x of 20D or 1.3x od
1D cameras...and never in their life shot chrome with a 35mm camera.
Geesh, many lenses have a little fall off int he corners and on bare
blue skies you could not help bu notice it...

Oh well...if you want to complain about this DO NOT get a Noctilux and
shoot at F 1.0  LOL!

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography