Subject: [Leica] 90 macro
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jan 14 18:19:15 2007

On 1/14/07 8:17 PM, "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net> typed:

> I've been there. In the 70's and early 80's, I used to photograph
> artist portfolios with a DR 50 on an M3. Best damn chromes those
> folks ever saw. But after I snagged a 55 micro-nikkor I never looked
> back.
> By the way I know that those chromes looked great. Sometime back, a
> friend of mine had a job reorganizing the image files and catalogue
> of the contemporary museum here in LA. One time on a visit at her
> work, she showed me my slides next to some others. A leica shooter
> would of appreciated the quality difference.
>
> Slobodan Dimitrov
> http://www.sdimitrovphoto.com/

2.8 or 3.5?
I forgot which one is supposed to be better I've been loving my 3.5
For about a year now. Made in the 70s instead of the 80's I guess.
A handy short tele 82.5mm lens on my D200.
Light weight as macros are almost never.
And that deeply darkly recessed itsey-bentsy outer element very protected
and low key and invisible.
Flair? Hah!
Field? Flat!

Mark Rabiner