Subject: [Leica] Nikkor 50/1.4 S.C in LTM mount
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Jan 14 15:00:22 2007

I recently bought a used Nikkor 50/1.4 S.C in Leica Thread Mount. It still
had the clear glass filter on the front and there were no cleaning marks. I
wasn't expecting *that* much for such an old, fast lens, but it is
surprisingly good. These are from a quick test roll shot yesterday. Dante
Stella's site said that the lens does well at large apertures, so I shot
these at f/2.8.

http://www.400tx.com/files/Technical/Nikkor1.html
http://www.400tx.com/files/Technical/Nikkor2.html
http://www.400tx.com/files/Technical/Nikkor3.html

Clicking on the image will take you back and forth between the image and an
enlarged area of the image. No sharpening, unsharp mask, or other fiddling
around other than spoting some dust spots on image 1.

I have pretty good specimens of Leica's 50/1.5 Summarit and Zeiss' 50/1.5
Sonnar from the same general time period. I think the Nikkor has them both
whipped.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com