Subject: [Leica] 400mm f6.8 Telyt problem
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Jan 12 18:50:17 2007

I tried a 400mm f6.8 Telyt lens today. The lens was mint as was the
R8 I tried it on. The problem I had was it would not focus all the
way to infinity. This was visible in the viewfinder as well as on
film. I would say the focus was fine up to about 500 meters. Has
anyone run into this problem? it appears that if the sliding focus
was allows to come towards the body another 1/8th inch or so it would
be fine. As neither the lens nor the body were mine I didn't attempt
any adjustment to the infinity stop.

This lens is very nice otherwise and includes the shoulder brace and
original instructions in the original box for less then US $600. The
photos of closer focused objects look pretty sharp.

Len

Replies: Reply from fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL) ([Leica] 400mm f6.8 Telyt problem)
Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] 400mm f6.8 Telyt problem)