Subject: [Leica] Occasional photo 3 LKH
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Jan 12 16:12:18 2007

At 5:43 PM -0600 1/12/07, Lottermoser George wrote:
>The only time I ever got close to an owl occurred when an old box
>elder tree fell on my house in a wind storm. The next day, standing
>15 feet up on a ladder, chain saw in hand, going at the  hollow
>parts of the tree, the saw drew blood on a white snow owl, which
>frightened the s**t out of me, and I'm sure I out of he. Could have
>been a disaster for both of us. He (she?) took off and I caught my
>breath and climbed down the ladder.
>
>Regards,
>George Lottermoser
>george@imagist.com

Bird hunting with a chainsaw is a new twist.

Many years ago (over 50) my uncle came over to Canada, and my dad
wanted to teach him about hunting, because we lived at the time in an
area of Alberta with a good supply of ducks, geese, pheasants and
other useful dinners and our families income at the time was
extremely meager.

After going out with my dad a couple of times, my uncle went out by
himself with  the 12 guage, and came home after dark with a story of
having shot a goose out of the air just at dusk, but not being able
to find it. Next morning he went out, found his prey and brought back
- - a great horned owl.

A couple of weeks later his courage had returned enough that he went
out again. In a similar fashion he managed to bag a crane (I forget
which type). He never went hunting again.

Those were two species that I never saw live while I lived in the area.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Occasional photo 3 LKH)