Subject: [Leica] IMG; Back to the rail yard
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Mon Jan 8 20:22:07 2007

>Did you shoot these in a train museum of some sort?  I ask because I
>can't imagine any current railroad in the USA using a steam locomotive.

>Jim

Jim,

This is a small local railroad ,although they do some freight their primary
business is running tourist excursion trains. The steam engine, #60, is used
for these purposes.  Unfortunately this locomotive has
been down for repair for quite a while now, although there is some progress
being made on it. They also run another line out of Phillipsburg NJ where
they are running a Chinese made Northern
locomotive.  Not far from here, in New Hope Pa., there is a third RR that
runs a small consolidation. So we have more than our share of steam
locomotion.

NF

Replies: Reply from kargue at sympatico.ca (Kevin Argue) ([Leica] IMG; Back to the rail yard)