Subject: [Leica] candle, M8 and 50mm Summilux-ASPH
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Mon Jan 8 05:51:23 2007

At 11:03 PM 1/7/2007, you wrote:
>Re. <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Lee/Candle+and+M8/>
>
>Lee:  Did you change the focus between shots #2 and #3, the lit
>candle alone and tungsten light alone?
>
>I brought both up in an image editor, magnified a bit, raised the
>shadow levels of #2 so I could read the ruler, and compared it with
>#3.  The zone of focus is about 1/2 inch further back on the
>candle-alone shot compared to the room light shot.  If you didn't
>change the focus, it's evidence of an IR effect.  If you re-focused,
>it's within the margin of focusing error, and proves nothing.
>
>--Peter, cautiously

Peter,
         I did refocus on the flame rather than the wick.  It occurs
to me that with the other LUG photos the exposure was read on an
object other than the flame and therefore the size and appearance of
the flame and apparent size of the flame might have been increased by
overexposure.  Often my experiments do not prove too much.
Lee