Subject: [Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles - do some science
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Jan 7 13:05:56 2007

> Last, to pull a Ted; geesh guys, get a life.  The new sensor handles light
> differently than we are used to.  Non panchromatic films don't look the
> same, neither does Ektachrome look like Kodachrome.  For most applications
> the M8 delivers an amazing wonderful image that is very sharp out of the
> box

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way that I can take pictures in
church with the M8 and the Noctilux. I understand that if I ask people to
step outside where the light is better, I can get great shots. I do a lot of
church photography, and have always used my IIIf for it. I was hoping to be
able to switch to the M8. Any SLR is out of the question because it would
disrupt the very liturgy I am trying to capture.

I'll not trouble you folks with the results of any further testing.

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles - do some science)
Message from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles - do some science)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles - do some science)