Subject: [Leica] 50 Summilux Close Focusing
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sun Jan 7 08:30:18 2007

Last non-Asph is a great performer. While softer than the Asph wide
open, it has smoother focus transitions and a smoother focus throw as
well. I was going to buy one until the Asph was announced and I am
sure I would have been happy with it. The Asph's performance is
stunning wide open, just like the 35/1.4 Asph wide open, but
mechanically the focus action is not the butter smooth that most M
lenses are.

John Collier