Subject: [Leica] PAW - Toronto on the Horizon
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 7 07:06:00 2007

Hugh Thompson showed:

> first PAW ...... Toronto on the horizon:
> >> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/PAW/L1020327.jpg.html<<

Hi Hugh,
Photo moments of this broad view type generally will be improved by "one
pace forward" where possible. I most cases.

In the grass, left lower side, there's a tiny bit of dark brown grass sort
of sticking in sideways, not much about half an inch up from bottom edge. It
feels about right where to crop the bottom of the "too much grass area off."

The crop point is of course, your choice. But be careful, as too much is as
a bad as too little as we see here. It's not a bad start for the year. So
now we'er looking for 51 more! ;-)

One last thing. This type of wide scene over water does seem to have better
results, or better look as a "wide narrow cropping" rather than the full
35mm 24X36 frame look. Yer close just a tiny tweak across the bottom and
it'll be fine.

ted

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] PAW - Toronto on the Horizon)