Subject: [Leica] ANSWER TO International Shipping Fiasco with LUG Book
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sat Jan 6 07:06:19 2007

Hello All,

It sounds like this is turning into paving crew for The Road to Hell.

>From what I understand, blurb.com's International shipping now works: they
are shipping to the limited menu of nations offered.

However, from what some comments on the LUG indicate the International
shipping costs are just shy of involuntary fornication.

It was my goal to hold down costs for this to less than a Leica-branded 39MM
UV filter (about $80 at the local shop).  I can't do a thing about
blurb.com's shipping charges.  However, I can help somewhat on international
shipping.

SHIPPING OFFER FOR ALL THOSE OUTSIDE US
For all those outside of the US who would like to purchase copies and have
them shipped via the US Postal System, here's my offer:

1. Order your book(s)through blurb.com, but have them shipped to my home.
My home address is available if you contact me OFFLINE at jshul@comcast.net
2. MAKE SURE THE PACKAGE INVOICE REFERENCES YOUR NAME!  I don't want to play
"guess the LUGger" when the books arrive.
3. I will contact you for your address outside of the US.  Once I have that,
I'll ship your book(s) via US Post Office.
4. Those who wish to pay for the US Post Office Fees can send me $$ via
paypal, or buy dinner when I visit your country, or you mine.  Whatever.

In the future, this kind of service will probably become something truly
based for local production.  A book like ours would up uploaded to a
service, and your local printing company (a business that had the capability
of producing the books) would get the files and create the book.  Virtually
all of the professional printers are now offering digital printing, so
adding the bindery stage would be a natural extension.

Best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] ANSWER TO International Shipping Fiasco with LUG Book)