Subject: [Leica] Annie Liebovitz
From: afterswift at aol.com (afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 5 10:05:10 2007

 A few days ago PBS ran a documentary on AL as part of the American Masters
series. My impression is that she's a 'method' photographer. This is, she
becomes part of the scene. That worked very well in the 60's when she
documented the youth revolt set off by the Vietnam War and middle class
verities. She jumped out of the counterculture mags and now she does fancy
magazine ad work and portraits of celebrities, mostly in studios. She hangs
around with Tina Brown who's enthusiastic about her ideas. The documentary
showed her using Leica M's and Nikon SLRs, but not digitals. Unless I missed
them among the fast scene changes.

 Bob

 -

tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web,
free AOL Mail and more.

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] Annie Liebovitz)