Subject: [Leica] Re: Pardon me sir, but it that a camera?
From: dr.chippendale at kontakt-mit-linsen.com (Dr. Chippendale)
Date: Fri Dec 29 20:46:40 2006

Hank Kellner wrote:
> When he was about three feet from me, the young man stopped; leaned toward
> me;
> pointed to my M-4; and asked, "Pardon me sir, but is that a camera?"
>       Well, I thought, I definitely am a member of a disappearing breed.

If you enjoy (?) this kind of thing you should try photographing with a
technical field camera in a public place sometimes. Excellent possibilities
for promoting both silver halide based photography as well as your own work
on a one-to-one basis. The stories that develop are often very interesting,
people get into reminescing about "a grandfather who also took photos that
way" and "the darkslide was always important".
It's the anathema of surreptious street photography, but street photography
nonetheless.

Christoph Hammann
--
CCH-Photography