Subject: [Leica] Pardon me sir, but it that a camera?
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Fri Dec 29 18:48:37 2006

i was about to write that the mouse motor's lifespan ran from 1955 through
1991 but that was a knee-jerk corvette-centric response.  the original
"Generation I" engines were used in various passenger cars and trucks
even after the Corvette moved to a newer design.   according to wikipedia,
the "Gen I" was last used in new vehicle production in 2004, and 90 million
have been built in its five decades.

not needing to exaggerate on this record, we may concede that the Gen II
(1992-1996), Gen III (1997-2003), and Gen IV (2004-present) are
continuing refinements of the pushrod design but largely incompatible
with the Gen I engines.  The exotic LT5 DOHC which powered the ZR1 corvette
was
a completely different design, sharing only the small-block's
traditional 4.4 inch bore spacing.

probably more than you'd ever want to know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Small-Block_engine

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com