Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG 2006 Yearbook: questions, questions
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu Dec 28 14:41:30 2006

Jeff,

In the words of the immortal Butterfly McQueen, "But Miz Scarlett, I don't
know nothin' 'bout no target dimensions and sRGBs!"

You'll have to consult the other group members and blurb.com for more
technical information.

Thus far, the LUG members have sent me images ranging from 10Meg to 125K,
the latter well below my requested size, with a variety of formats, and I've
been able to place them on the pages (after sizing) without having the
dreaded red exclamation point appear.

This book has been possible only because the free software is so simple that
a confirmed e-dolt like me could create the project.

Please keep in mind that this is a yearbook, not anything Benedikt Taschen
would envy.  As such, it's intended as a keepsake. With that said, I can
safely say that from the last blurb.com book I created (a wedding keepsake
book, filled with happy snaps no larger than a meg each) the images were
more than acceptable for all concerned, including the photographer.

So yes, we'd love to have your images as well!  Send 'em along.

All best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA
"Honest, I just stole the delivery truck--I didn't brew the stuff!"