Subject: [Leica] Best flash for M8?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue Dec 26 15:32:54 2006

Steve....
Let's assume I am wrong... where can I look and find data that says the M8
"shutter" is a timed, accurate, and variable shutter and
not merely a open and close type shutter for protecting the sensor from dirt
and light overload?

BTW, the best comparison to the M8 "Shutter"  is the Hasselblad 500 Series
Body Shutters... which are there to protect the film from
light when the lens is open.... they are not used for timing exposures.  I
do not call this type of shutter a real shutter
either....  It is a baffle.

I am willing to look, study, and be corrected....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Nope, it's a real shutter.

Steve