Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sharpening
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Dec 22 20:41:17 2006

At 6:04 PM -0600 12/22/06, Jeffery Smith wrote:
>I am using sharpening less and less (I don't mean is often don't use it, but
>I use it with very "weak" settings. It tends to sharpen my grain(!) when I
>don't want it to, and it wreaks havok with faces older than Britney Spears'.
>If anyone viewing the finished says "It looks oversharpened", its time to
>start backing off.
>
>Jeffery Smith

Jeffery, have you tried Photokit Sharpener? It's a plug-in that
sharpens appropriately for your usage, and you can adjust the
sharpening after the fact with sliders in the layers palette. Also,
it leaves flat areas alone, so it doesn't increase noise (grain).

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] IMG: Sharpening)