Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sharpening
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Fri Dec 22 19:07:57 2006

Greetings,

For what it's worth - the rules I was taught by my Photoshop instructor were
as follows:

1. set radius to 1/200 th the amount of pixels you use for your final print
. .

If you print at 360 PPI for your final output, then divide that by 200 - ie.
360/200 = 1.8,   because 1/200th is beyond the detection level of the
human eye in evaluating the differences.  It's below the perception
threshold.

2. Set the threshold at 1 or 2, because that's a good place to start, and
because
you want edges to separate . . .

YMMV . . . .

3.  Find the highest percentage that starts to look digitized and ugly -
then
back off to two thirds of that number and make a test print.  Tweak until
the
print is what you want it to be  . . . .

adjust to taste . . .

Hope this helps,
Norm